150 Calorie Snacks
What does a 150 calorie snack look like? Portion size distortion is very real especially in the U.S. It’s too easy to overeat without realizing it! Here, are a few snack ideas to get the most of your food. Some great. Some not-so-great.
Curious to know what 150 calories of Snickers looks like? Less than a Clif bar? Think again!
Here is the video slide show of 27 different snack ideas. And below a sampling of a few.
Some great options
What are examples of 150 calorie snacks?
- 1 medium apple plus 1 cheese stick
- 1 cup baby carrots plus 3 tablespoons plain hummus
- 6 cups popcorn
- 22 raw almonds
- 1-1/2 cups red grapes (but only 1/3 cup raisins)
- 2-1/4 large celery stalks plus 4 teaspoons peanut butter
- 1 small banana plus 2 teaspoons peanut butter
- 3/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt plus 7/8 cup raspberries
What about packaged food?
- 3/5 of a Clif bar
- 3/5 of a Snickers bar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of M&M’s
- 6 ounces of a grande Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino
- 3/4 cup fiery hot cheese curls
Thanks to Sarah Barnes for assistance with this blog post and to Jessica Reis for the photos.
Jennifer Neily, MS, RDN, LD, FAND
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist | Wellcoach® Certified Health Coach
Need help with getting on track? Schedule a complimentary strategy session with me!